Friday, September 11, 2009

August 24 2009

My first day at SLP.  Everyone is very welcoming.  There are several other foreign teachers and other Korean teachers working too.  My first day and week is to be strictly observation of other teachers in the classroom.  It looks like I will be teaching some preschool kids, something I had never once imagined nor desired.  Other student ages go up to about 13 years old.  The levels of English are higher than I imagined, with many classes of students holding the ability to read and write in English.  I came here under the impression that I would be teaching these kids conversational English, but some are already writing book reports.  Some kids are cute, some are fun and some are nightmares to deal with.  I tried some real Korean dishes over lunch and dinner and enjoyed the hot Korean spices.  Also, I have taken a liking to kimchee.  The food will be no problem.  The seemingly rigorous school schedule may be a different story.  Early to bed early to rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment