Thursday, March 25, 2010

Everland

Several months back, just before Halloween, I visited Korea’s version of Disneyworld: Everland. Everland is a huge amusement park located in the same city in which I live, and welcomes visitors 365 days a year. In the summer they have a separate park exclusively for water slides and rides. I went to the theme park with impressive rides, including a giant wooden rollercoaster, the fastest in Asia, with a 77-degree drop, and a safari tour with all sorts of animals, with the highlight being a real liger. Everything was a Halloween theme when I visited the park, so they hosted many spooky rides, one being a cross between laser tag and a haunted house where ghosts and skeletons pop out, and you proceed to own them. They had an area that sold a collection of international foods from all over the world. There was a diner with the slogan “Tastes better burger. Have a fun in Burgercafe.” I always love the top shelf translation. They also had a spectacular fireworks show that puts any other I have seen to shame. Probably the most interesting thing that I got to see was a “cat show” in which well-trained cats performed pretty peculiar acts like walking on tight ropes and pull ups. Top off the night with a merry-go-round and you’ve got a repeat visitor.

1 comment: